Thursday 31 January 2008

Sunset @ Mount Victoria

Mt Vic rocks. Yeah baby, what a sweet playground to ride some stuff and watch the sunset, while other people work on their belly downtown. Gnarly singletracks, hills that require almost more than bottom gear, and fast downhills, all combined with a stunning scenery and some amazed tourists. Almost perfect. Wonder why I haven't discovered those pleasures before, but there's always a reason. That seamed to be my claim for the week anyway. Was all a bit too much.

But after the last two days riding my motivation kicks in again. The killer instinct is back, and the pure will to tackle things, go a bit further and have shitloads of fun with that. Being a mad German sometimes isn't easy, but worth it. One more month to the hardest race in my life: Karapoti, here I come. So the next month will be hard, but having this race to aim for is more than a good motivation. Slowly my technique gets better as well, sometimes I just have to ride things without thinking, and it works. Let the bike roll. Same as in real life, the less you think about things, the easier they are. Doesn't apply in general, but most of the times.

No comments: