Friday 2 July 2010

Epic Bike Songs Part One

Before I set off to tackle my personal records this weekend, here are some of my most favourite songs to cycle to. Quite a mixture of styles and decades, but all of them stir the big feelings in me everytime I listen to them on my Ipod. For the moment the first top tem here, more stuff to follow soon.

The Phoenix Foundation - Hitchcock (Epic song)


Genesis - Driving the last spike (For suffering on long bumpy and neverending roads)


Shapeshifter - When I return (live, awesome for the remoteness, where I think I need some space)


Thievery Cooperation - It takes a thief (Amazing song to start and ride into the sun)


Band of Horses - Waiting for the funeral (For the rough stuff, always thinking about Danny MacAskill jumping through Edinburgh)


Crowded House - Private universe (Just one of many good CH songs, no time, no place to talk about the weather)


Nina Simone - Sinnerman (OMG, epic song, and awesome to recap trips at huts at night too)


Amy McDonald - The road to home (will always remind of Scotland, my (second) home)


Salmonella Dub - Pure (another epic dub classic, a must if you ever cycle Aotearoa)


Slow Train - Naturally (cycle to that song into an awesome sunset, and you take that moment to your grave, trust me)

No comments: